Best Banana Bread Recipe
Thank you to the ladies at The Travelling Kitchen food blog for this yummy and moist banana bread recipe and write up. The love of my life is a banana bread lover and has tried many in his 33 years. He always begs me not to substitute the classic ingredients for healthy ingredients, as it is his preference for a classic banana bread recipe (which he considers the best banana bread recipe) to a healthy banana bread recipe. Lucky for both of us the nutrition value of banana s will remain the same regardless of the other ingredients and types of flour. Other banana recipes that we love in our home are the easy banana pudding recipe and the banana pudding poke cake recipe.
- 2 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
* Buttermilk substitution: Add 1/2 Tbsp of lemon juice or white vinegar to 1/2 cup milk and let stand for 5 minutes, then stir and use in replacement of buttermilk.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan or 9x9 inch cake pan with butter.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together bananas, buttermilk and baking soda. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, stir flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat butter with brown sugar until creamy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and banana mixture.
- Stir in flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 35-40 minutes in a 9x9 inch pan, or if using a loaf pan, around 50- 60 minutes.
- A toothpick inserted in the center that comes out clean indicates that it is done.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack and let cool completely before cutting.
Nutrition Facts for: Best Banana Bread Recipe From The Travelling Kitchen
Ingredients: Bananas, buttermilk, baking soda, all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, chocolate chips.
* Percentages (%) are based on a 2000 calorie diet * The entire recipe has been calculated for 10 servings. * Per Serving: Calories 407, Calories from Fat 177, Total Fat 19.7g 30%, Saturated Fat 12.5g 63%, Cholesterol 57mg 19%, Sodium 383mg 16%, Potassium 314mg 9%, Carbohydrates 52.9g 18%, Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8%, Sugars 26.8g, Protein 5.6g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 11%
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at The Travelling Kitchen
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.